Tuesday 24 June 2008

Speed Read

Don't you just envy those collegues who boast about reading a whole book, or two in a day. I couldn't imagine how they could manage do it. For me perhaps cancelling-out all interuptions, meetings, lunch, family and all, whilst being drip-fed would perhaps free as much time needed in one day to finish half of the book - max. I was beginning to despair until I came across a web 2.0 tool that might be what I've been looking for; something that would make me into a super reader, a reader on steroids! Well daydreaming is also good sometimes....

Spreeder.com is a free to use service where you would typically copy and paste the desired text into a prompt window. At a click of a button, Spreeder flashes the words in sequence to you at your chosen speed removing the tendencies to subvocalise or backtrace.

Do give it a go and let me know how you get on.

[Addendum: Another good article on Speed Reading can be found here]


No comments: